Research Administrative Services (RAS) is the University's authorized representative for proposal submissions grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and other sponsored project agreements for and from external governmental agencies, industry, and non-profit sponsors. The objective of Research Administrative Services is to provide researchers with more efficient and accountable strategic and administrative support while fostering interdisciplinary research capacity growth at Howard University. RAS is the direct report of the Vice President for Research in the Office of Research.
The core values of RAS are:
- Service - We believe that serving others is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- Integrity - We are committed to the principles of truth and honesty and we will be equitable, ethical, and professional.
- Diversity - We respect others and value diversity of opinions, freedom of expression, and other ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellence - We seek excellence in all our endeavors, and we are committed to continuous improvement.
Research Administrative Services promotes scholarly activity at Howard by coordinating all externally funded research and training related projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proposal development assistance.
- Serve as liaison between Principal Investigators and sponsoring agencies.
- Preparation, review and approval of all grant-related personnel actions.
- Review and authorization of all expenditure requests.
- Prepare budget modification requests to meet projected budgetary needs.
- Negotiate and prepare requests of extension of the termination date and carryover of the unexpended balance.